Transitions, Ink

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Thesis: Check!

I turned in the thesis on Sunday. Whew! What a relief that was. I have to say, it feels kind of anticlimactic, like I just faded and fizzled. Whatever. I don't think I could have spent another day on it without a long-ish break.

I also just finished a book review tonight. I need to remind myself not to agree to do that again. Thank goodness I had the foresight to tell them I could only do two of the three books they'd invited me to review. I should know better than to sign up to read extra philosophy! It just about killed me. It was due on February 20, then I got an extension to March 20, and I'm just waiting for a colleague to read it over and I'll send it off tomorrow. I did think the books were worth reading, but time-consuming!

Other than feeling like I'm chained to my computer (my attitude has taken a real slide over the past month or so), I've become pretty much addicted to scrabulous. I would be very upset if they decided to pull it from Facebook.

I finished another shawl, too. I've just got to block it and then I'll post photos. Started a new pair of socks a couple of weeks ago and I plan to get back to a summer project that I set aside a couple of years ago because it was too hard but maybe now, now that I've completed a Birch, I'll be able to handle it. We shall see.

2 comments:

Writer Bug said...

Glad to see you posted! I had the same feeling of anti-climax. Something about submitting it via email, I think. Now I'm very far behind on planning my seminar. HK seems to have pretty strict requirements for what she wants out of it. Eek.

Repeater said...

This is like a premonition, the whole pulling scrabulous from facebook business. And yes, exactly how I felt after sending in the thesis