Transitions, Ink

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Where Do I Start?

Day One with the blog. I have been procrastinating about starting a blog for quite some time now. What this must mean, if philosopher John Perry is right, is that until today, there were many less important tasks that kept me from doing this, but RIGHT NOW, there is something so important that in order to avoid it, I had to start my blog. It's called "Structured Procrastination." I am avoiding working on new writing for my second submission for my low residency MFA in Creative Writing. If I want to get that writing done I'm going to have to put something above it on my priority list for tomorrow. Oh, I know: work. The stuff I'm paid to do. If I set out to do that first thing in the morning, that should get me writing. Or at least it will get me knitting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world! A good place to start change is with a transition, so this makes sense. Dunno about the ink bit though, since from where I sit I am seeing your words represented by phosphorous elements excited by streams of high speed electrons. No ink.

Then again, "Transitions, Computer Monitor" doesn't have quite the ring to it.

Is the word play deliberate (i.e., Transitions, Ink vs. Transition Sink)? If it is, I like it. If it isn't, I still like it.

TI said...

Thank you Khendron. I have linked your site to my page hope that's okay. "Transition Sink" sounds rather doomed, unless it's like "Kitchen Sink" as in everything but, which is clearly more cryptic since I'm not sure what the Transition equivalent would be. The wordplay I had in mind was more like: Transitions, Ink / Transitions, Inc.
Glad you like it either way.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but the negative interpretation "Transition Sink" is a subconcious acknowledgement on your part that the transition will not be easy. If Transition is good, and Sink is bad, then the good balances the bad, and everyone will agree that balance is crucial to a happy soul, yada yada yada... ;-)

The link to my site does not work.

TI said...

Khendron, who is the philosopher around here anyway? I love good/bad balance idea as applied to Transition and Sink. The link to your site is now fixed.