Transitions, Ink

Monday, October 23, 2006

List Update

Things are actually getting crossed off the list, but not quite as rapidly as I had planned. I am ready to write my annotations on the Eudora Welty books (both of which were to have been completed by now). That is tomorrow evening's task.

The shawl is knitting up well. I had the good fortune of being a passenger in both directions this weekend, travelling with friends who didn't mind if I knit (it's always polite to ask). I got in three full hours of shawl knitting each way. That was about all I could accomplish over the weekend since I was at an annual meeting that left no time for other things. I am on row 111 at the moment (there are 146 in all, plus 25 rows for each point).

The flyers for the writing group are ready to go. Today I printed 10 of them onto green neon paper. I've also printed up a bunch of smaller ones to distribute at a publishing workshop that I am attending on Wednesday evening this week.

Class is prepared for tomorrow; all papers have been graded.

I have made extensive notes concerning the revision for my next submission, and the creative wheels are really turning there.

The IS project is shaping up.

I did 20 minutes of cardio today.

The balance of the bulbs are still in the shed and we are expecting rain or wet snow tomorrow...again.

There is a window of opportunity (in which no rain or snow is forecast and the temperature is going slightly up) for the final trip to the gas station with the motorcycle on Wednesday -- fill it up, throw in some fuel stabilizer, run it with the fuel switch off until the carburator is empty, take out the battery, and cover it for the winter.

I've joined Soul Food Cafe and am finding it a little overwhelming. Still eager to explore.

Yoga class at 6:30 tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

Repeater said...

Somehow your list makes me feel better.

TI said...

Oh, I'm glad, Repeater. I'm doing all I can to fend off that "yikes!" feeling. This is the most "behind" I've felt on MFA work since we started.

Repeater said...

me too! I wonder why we're all feeling that way this time?