Transitions, Ink

Monday, October 29, 2007

Early On-Set February Blahs

There are those days when it feels like bedtime and it's only 7 p.m. And there are those weeks that feel like Friday when it's only Monday. But I'm having an outrageously exaggerated version of that phenomenon. I've got the February Blahs and winter hasn't even begun. It's not even (all that) cold. There aren't even enough leaves on the ground yet to start raking (we like to do it all at once). Not only that, we're still on daylight savings time.

Maybe I'm ready for spring already because I'm anticipating all that awaits me this winter and that is a recipe for overwhelm if there ever was one. Or maybe this is how bears feel just before they go into hibernation: if I just take a week and stuff myself with food, then tuck myself in all warm and snug and go to sleep, when I wake up the icicles will be melting from the eavestroughs and spring will be on its way.

But if I did that I wouldn't be able to get any knitting in. Or snowboarding. Or yoga. Or watch my hockey team. Or see my writerly soulmates at the January residency...

2 comments:

Writer Bug said...

Sorry to hear this! Though I definitely know what you mean. Are you able to exercise outside at all? I find that helps a bit, especially if I can do it while the sun is shining (weak as it may be...) Hang in there! Only two months til residency!

TI said...

Thanks, Bug. Your idea of spending osme time outside is good. I try but don't always make it. But I'll recommit.