Transitions, Ink

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

On the Air

Well, you may recall that I had a pitch for a radio documentary accepted almost a year ago. Then I worked on it through the winter. It finally aired last night. I am really pleased with it. So pleased that I am actually going to do what I never do: I'm going to post the link: don't tell anyone I work with ;).

Here it is. It's the one listed under the week of September 5: http://www.cbc.ca/outfront/podcast.html

I had a great time working with the producer and he has encouraged me to send in another pitch so we can work together again. It's certainly the most fun I've had on a creative project. And did I mention that it's the very first creative work for which I have been paid. A milestone, to be sure.

Even though I'd heard it a number of times before, it was really exhilerating to know that it was being broadcast across the country and on the internet. And the positive feedback has been pretty encouraging. I know that these feelings of enthusiasm for the creative life come in waves, and I'm going to ride this one for as long as possible...

6 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

You did an amazing job! Your mother touched me deeply. You all bring up a great question. Why are we catorgized by race.?

Well done, you. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, well done. I thought the conversation between you and your husband, and the one between you and your mother were very interesting side by side. They leaned well on each other and really demonstrated the point you were making and the conflict you were describing. Now I want to listen to the other documentaries in that series...

TI said...

Thank you both. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And yes, Kate, I recommend listening to the others that are available on the website and tuning in on weeknights at 8:43. They vary in quality, but for the most part they are narratively interesting.

Tammy Brierly said...

Hi Tracy! Click on my badge and it will give you choices for different HTML codes and just copy and paste to page element. Drag element to desired location in layout. Good Luck :) XXOO

Writer Bug said...

congrats again! as you know, i loved the essay--you did such a great job of creating a narrative arch through a difficult topic.

Repeater said...

Oh, ti. yes, yes, yes. Finally I listened and I'm wiping a tear as we speak. Your mom breaking down was too much (in the very best way). I love the hesitancy in your voice throughout. I really could sense your discomfort and confusion over this issue. It's something that many of us never have to face or to think about, and hence it is then easy for us to say, "forget about it, it doesn't mean anything," like R did. I also thought that the inclusion of the story of finding your birth certificate was priceless. Great job. I'm so proud of you.