Transitions, Ink

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Finishing and Starting

It's been a pretty good week of finishing and not too bad on starting either. I finished the socks. Don't the feet for which they were destined look happy? I finished my second submission for my MFA. That means that I am officially halfway through the first semester. I finished setting up the website and organizing all of the materials for the course I start teaching next week. I finished my Out Front pitch, and feel really good about it. What else? Oh yes, I finished (with help) a basket of delicious Ontario peaches.


As for starting. I started on the reading for my third submission, due on October 9. I started de-cluttering my office. Two bags of papers went down to the shredder yesterday. I started making notes for my first lecture on Tuesday. I started thinking about my powerpoint slides for a presentation that I am giving next Friday. I started on a second basket of Ontario peaches. I both started and finished panicking about the weeks ahead.

Aside from all that I've finished and started in the past week, there are many things that I am in the middle of, but I won't get into that.

5 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Congrats on all your finishings and startings! :) Love the socks!

And you're right--we ARE half way through the semester. Woo-hoo! Hard to believe.

Peace,
FC

Writer Bug said...

I LOVE those socks! So cute! I can't believe we're halfway through the semester. That makes me kinda sad. I am SO loving our program!

Repeater said...

Yes, feels like the semester is flying- I love your list of beginnings and endings. A good list is one of my favorite things!

TI said...

Bug, we've got THREE semesters after this one and we get to see each other in January. Why so sad?!

Writer Bug said...

I think just cause it's going so quickly already!