Transitions, Ink

Friday, September 29, 2006

My List of Likes

Repeater and Writer Bug (with a little extra prodding from Shelly) have inspired me to post my list of likes. It's interesting to me how these lists evolve over time. But there are lots of constants on my list. Here goes, in no particular order:

My fountain pens, fresh good quality paper, ink, notebooks in general, gardens (including mine), yarn and shopping for it, choosing a new knitting project, knitting, yoga, meditation, R and our beautiful relationship, inspirational reading especially about writing, writing, early mornings, morning pages, sleeping especially in our cozy bed on the sail boat while we're at anchor in some quiet cove in the North Channel, sailing, walking, autumn, going out for dinner, cooking, fresh figs like the ones I remember from my grandfather's tree, Lake Huron, family, friends, snowboarding, staying in hotels, reading, getting together with my book groups, blogging, reading and commenting on others' blogs and the whole blog community thing, going to movies, hockey, my motorcycle, photography, tea of all kinds, chardonnay and bubbly, fresh flowers, vacations, cats especially MOTH and Storm and Pi, rainy days, fresh snow, that chill in the air in late September mornings, dinner parties, the energy and optimism of young feminists, afternoon naps, a good day of writing, handwritten letters from friends, letters of acceptance re. submissions, old family photographs, the clean lines of contemporary design, stained glass, colour, philosophy, simplicity, inspiration, that feeling that everything is exactly the way it is supposed to be right here and right now...

6 comments:

Writer Bug said...

This was fun to read! I didn't know you sailed. How cool. My fave though is "the optimist of young feminists." What a nice thought!

Repeater said...

Damn, I forgot to put naps and going out to dinner on my list! All of our lives sound charmed if you just look at the lists. Maybe they are..

Tammy Brierly said...

Great list and I agreed with most. LOL

Your blog twin :)

Bibi said...

I see you write morning pages... Artist's Way? And I'm very envious of your fabulous sail boat.

TI said...

Hey everyone. Thanks for stopping by. Repeater, I do think our lives are charmed when you look at our list and realize that our lives actually include those things! Talk about blessed! Bibi, yes, I got the idea of MPs from the Artist's Way (great book!).

Idiot Cook said...

*sigh* I LOVE reading these lists...tells me so much about the person. I'll try to post one soon.