Transitions, Ink

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Show, Don't Tell -- Oh Really?

I made it through the phone call with the guy from the radio. It was great. He probed about the question driving my project -- what do I want to know? How will I be changed? He emphasized the importance of showing the story through scenes and developing a plot. "Above all," he said, "in radio documentaries we do everything we can to show, not tell." This is all starting to sound very familiar! He asked me exactly the same questions that my advisor has been asking me since July.

I can do this!

2 comments:

Repeater said...

I left you a comment yesterday & it didn't post (BAD BLOGGER!) It said something like this...
See, it wasn't so bad after all! I knew you could do it, blah , blah, blah
But I think I said it with more style yesterday.

Writer Bug said...

How neat to get verification that your advisor is sending you in the right direction!