Transitions, Ink

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Flowers and Socks...and a Rhinoceros

When I was in South Africa, I learned that it has some of the most exotic and varied wild flowers in the world. We saw these growing in abundance on our mountain hike.

And of course, I don't travel without my knitting. I managed to complete these socks, here modelled by my mother, the lucky recipient, whom they fit perfectly (after I had to unravel the toe on one and try again), on her 70th birthday. Happy Birthday, Mum! Lookin' good!


Oh, and one more thing. Check out this rhinoceros.


It was really easy to get up at 5:30 for the early morning game drive!

3 comments:

Gili Warsett said...

love the socks. so cute. i need to start knitting again. no time.

Repeater said...

Rhino! I want to see one.

I just finally commented on all your posts. I don't know where the week went.

TI said...

Yes, Gili, start knitting. Thanks for all the blog comments, Repeater.