Transitions, Ink

Monday, January 22, 2007

Because It Works

It's only 2 p.m., and already I have done so much today. I even got together with someone for lunch. And I've got loads of energy left for what lies ahead. I even walked in to work (40 minutes).

My new writing, a personal essay, is still in the running start stage. I am going to trust in the process of showing up at the page in the early mornings. What a perfect time of day. This morning, it wasn't even difficult to get up (aiming for 5:30 I seem to have hit it).

So I've figured it out: established writers get up before everyone else and go straight to their desks because ... it works.

4 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Go, you! I love reading your progress...it really is inspiring! Keep at it, TI. Can't wait to read your essay (hint, hint). :)

TI said...

Can't wait to have something to share with you, FC. And to see what you're doing with the essays as well (hint, hint, right back).

Gili Warsett said...

oh goodness, i want to be an established writer. i guess i should try for 5:30. i was feeling food about 7:30. maybe i need to pace myself. but good job being so amazingly productive and getting into your writing! hooray for hitting your stride!

Repeater said...

Nice to read a little lightness and progress. There may be hope for us after all!