Transitions, Ink

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It Was Amazing

I'm back on Canadian soil and it feels good (but where's the snow?). South Africa was an experience to remember. We used Cape Town as our base. It's a beautiful coastal city set amidst mountains, most predominantly Table Mountain.

Right now, I am doing my best to prepare for the January MFA residency, which begins with a kick-off reception on Friday evening. I hate to admit that I am behind in the reading: far, far behind. So far behind that the highlights of the trip are going to have to wait. For now, I'll just leave you with a photo of a dung beetle making its little dung house in which the female will lay eggs. These are fascinating creatures.



And here's an elephant:
The safari at Sabi Sabi was quite an experience. We stayed at Little Bush Camp. If you ever have the opportunity, take it.

Not likely to be back to regular posting until after the residency.

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

OH MY GOSH!!! First, Welcome Back! We missed you! Can't wait to hear all about the trip.

I LOVE the elephant and the dung beetle and that first shot is breathtaking!!!

I have NO doubt that your memoir is going to come together this semester (you're so close now as it is!) with all the research you've done.

Can't wait to see you!!!

Peace,
FC

Tammy Brierly said...

WELCOME HOME! You were missed but get to work, it's a new year. lol

Happy New Year twin!