Transitions, Ink

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Snow Report

It is early for snow, but we did a get a little bit. See it here, clinging to the Japanese maple:


It's just a little weather blip. Not only do we not usually have snow that stays in October (certainly not mid-October) but, for all the downsides of climate change, the reality is that we are supposed to be experiencing global warming. We haven't even had a chance to rake the leaves and plant the bulbs. This afternoon, not one person I passed by on the sidewalk had so much as a scarf on -- I certainly saw no gloves, no hats. A few people fought a feeble battle with the elements using their umbrellas. We are a community in denial.

I am going away for the weekend. By the time I return on Sunday, I want this weather situation to be resolved.

4 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

Snow! I just had an iris and my daisy's bloom. Fall is not even here yet :)

Idiot Cook said...

Ick. Buffalo, NY, got hit last night with a lot of snow. The news reports depressed the hell out of me. I hope the weather has resolved itself upon your return. Have a fab weekend!

Peace,
RB

Writer Bug said...

Unfortunately, you are not alone. We're supposed to get frost tonight. Ick is right. http://www.boston.com/news/weather/articles/2006/10/13/frostfreeze_warning/?p1=MEWell_Pos5

Repeater said...

Way to tell Mother Nature you mean business. Hope you went somewhere sunny.