Transitions, Ink

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Yoga Hangover

I am one tired yoga student today. I am also aware of every single muscle and joint in my body. I hauled myself out of bed this morning for my usual 6:30 a.m. Tuesday morning yoga class, shlepped in the dark through the rain, not feeling quite recovered from the weekend yoga marathon, and took my place on the mat. What really needed was a supportive practice or a long savasana, but no, a full hour and a half of forward bends and standing poses is what was on today's agenda. What I would love to do right now is go back to bed. But I have office hours in less than an hour and am teaching a three hour philosophy class followed by a one hour extra discussion section this afternoon.

Holistic approaches be damned: I'm taking a couple of advils.

8 comments:

Repeater said...

Oh, I always admire your determination. I know I'm that way (my husband yesterday said: "you're an animal, it's hard to keep up with you."- not exactly what a girl wants to hear, but I got the point.
I think you've got me beat, at least with keeping to a rigid schedule.

TI said...

Thanks, Repeater, but you're probably working on your submission! When you're not hauling wood, that is. My schedule only sounds rigid. It's really quite fluid and I am afraid of making lists.

sophie said...

I LOVE yoga!!!!!!

Good for you!

Idiot Cook said...

Wow--you and Repeater are both really inspiring when it comes to yoga! I gotta make time for it in my schedule.

Writer Bug said...

Seriously. You are an inspiration! Rest in shavasana all day, I say!

TI said...

You guys are all too kind. We should call ourselves the Mutual Inspiration Society, because you all inspire me! Is everyone hanging in there for the deadline?

Writer Bug said...

I love the Mutual Inspiration Society! That should def be our 4-some's name from now on!

TI said...

Yes, let's call ourselves that!