Transitions, Ink

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Close, So Close

How is everyone doing on the next submission? I'm in that period of the last minute where time suddenly opens up and feels more expansive than usual. I think it's because it forces a certain kind of focus. I still strive, one day, to find that focus more often without having it be pressure-induced. There is probably no spiritual tradition that does not encourage living in the moment, so why fight the time-honoured truth?

Anyway, the essay is coming together. I can see where it still needs work, but I have done a respectable enough revision, expansion, and restructuring that anything I do after tomorrow morning will be bonus. I'm behind on the reading for one of the annotations. I have never left the reading so to the last minute. It's not that I'm not enjoying it, but with this cold, reading makes my eyes close pretty quickly. I've probably read enough to write something, but I feel as if I'm cheating. Okay, maybe I'll be willing to lower my standards if the reading isn't done by tomorrow. I have some work-related reading that needs to take priority tomorrow. Boo.

An interesting thing happened with my new writing this month. I thought I was working on a new essay, and it turned out to be an extension of the previous one. So a little experiment in combining them paid off big time, and I am quite happy with what is in the making. At least I see its potential.

Tomorrow is International Women's Day so remember to take a moment to think about our sisters locally and globally.

1 comment:

Repeater said...

That's great that your writing took a turn for the better, as we know, that's a rare groove to be in, so revel in it, sister.