Transitions, Ink

Thursday, March 01, 2007

I don't have time for this

I do not have time to nurse a cold right now, but really, when it hits, it hits hard. So I had to spend the morning, for which I had high hopes of making progress on my essay, sleeping. The drugs that I am taking to enable me to breath leave me a little foggy. And I'm in a grumpy mood. Why is it that when we women are sick, we end up having to take care of ourselves, but when the men in our lives (if there is one) are sick we love to take care of them. Why can they not reciprocate?

I have three plans for today other than sleeping: 1. Spend two hours (Bug, I can't do three. Just. Can. Not) on my essay and 2. Work on the structure for my radio documentary (my IS project) and 3. Read the book for my second annotation -- I am behind on the reverse calendar but that's okay.

Meanwhile, while I was gone it seems that FC and The Repeater have taken to blogging daily! I love it!

4 comments:

Writer Bug said...

I said most of what I want to say re this post in an email a moment ago. But I forgot one thing: Give R hell for not taking care of you! Brian is very good at babying me when I'm sick, so it's not all men... Make him bring you food and run you a bath or whatever.

Repeater said...

I can sympethize, ti. Bug's very lucky. D's a doll, but not exactly mothering. He flails around a bit when I'm down, pretty much leaves me alone because he figures that's what I need.
Yeah, I'm trying to be more on top of everything (blogging). And I especially need you all and your intelligent comments when I'm in places like this. Take care of yourself!

TI said...

Maybe it's a generational thing. R is probably close to 20 years older than Bug's B. No amount of giving him hell will change his ineptitude in this area. Anyway, Repeater says of D, he's great in all sorts of ways. It's great to see you blogging so much, Repeater.

Writer Bug said...

Interesting. It may just be generational. It's funny tho cause my mom was not a very hands on care taker of me when I was sick (at least as far as I can remember). So maybe the universe is jsut balancing my care out. :)